|this morning's breakfast|
|brought to you by, last night's dessert|
Paleo Mudflat Brownies
-adapted from Paleo Newbie
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (we used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, puréed - I didn't have dates in my pantry, so I substituted 1 banana, and 1 apple, and everything turned out just fine.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup- Grade B is best if you have it.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (additional to what is above) - but only if you're looking for a little double chocolate action here....
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine banana, apple, and maple syrup in a food processor ( or blender ). Set aside.
- In a large bowl ( or stand mixer) mix eggs and vanilla.
- Add the fruit and syrup mixture to the eggs, and mix thoroughly. It should be a fairly liquid ( slightly slimey- sorry) consistency.
- Add the almond butter, and continue to mix on medium speed.
- Combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and soda first, before slowly adding it to the batter.
- Melt the chocolate chips, and coconut oil - I prefer to use a double broiler so to avoid scorching the chocolate.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the batter, and mix until combined into a thick chocolatey batter.
- Grease a brownie pan ( I used 7"X11" pan) with coconut oil and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
- It's ok to enjoy these w. non-paleo icecream :) Which is what we did last night :)